So, the Phillies beat the Braves last night. I issued them a challenge and they responded with solid pitching, timely hitting, even good defense.
Can somebody get Hurricane Schwartz on the line? I suspect a cold front is approaching Hell.
There's a practical reason for being negative about the Phillies - the lower your expectations, the less opportunity for them to destroy your hopes. I'm certainly not saying the Phillies are going to turn their season around. They have about as much chance to win the division as Dennis Kucinich had at being president. But, you never know. If Clark, Kerry and Edwards suffered severe groin pulls during the primaries, things could have gone his way. And if the Mets, Nationals, Braves and Marlins all get involved in a four-way brawl and do each other in, we've got a chance. We'd have to win it by default, but we'd have a chance. Sometimes it's fun to root for the dark horse, and not just celebrate their spectacular failure.
Only sometimes.
Saturday, May 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Phuture Phils: 2030
PHILADELPHIA, PA (FEBRUARY 27, 2030): The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the trade of once upon a time superstar Bryce Harper. Harper ...
-
Philly... Sort of A win on opening day! Not just a win, but a biggish win. Who are we, the freakin' Yankees? Whatever happene...
-
The win streak of the Phillies is the talk of Philadelphia these days. I caught up with it last night for a chat, just before the g...
-
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Although he was 1-0 with a 1.77 ERA in his first four starts this season, Eude Brito’s 2.1 inning, three earned-run outi...
1 comment:
www.2jump2.com/x.php?a3 I Know what I Like, and I like it, Have a Laugh on me
Post a Comment