I was wrong about Jon Lieber. At some point after the Phillies signed him, I refrerred to him as an older, frailer Eric Milton. Man, was I wrong. Lieber's been impressive in every start, and has led a staff of Spring training question marks to seven quality starts in 12 tries. He's had three starts, and accounted for three of the Phillies six wins.
In these times of uncertainty and popelessness, we need a Leader who can inspire - Myers has been great too, and he credits Lieber with showing him how to pitch more economically and challenge hitters.
And so, I propose that since Lieber pitches just once every five games, the papal commission consider Lieber for Pope. He's strong, consistent, wise, and is already named Jon. John Paul II was respected by millions, but could he pitch eight innings with only 75 pitches? Even with God on his side, the Pope was old and frail and would have had to rely too much on his breaking stuff to be effective.
In the offseason, Lieber could train at the Vatican and travel the world, spreading his message of hope and consistency. He is a modern-day prophet - he knows it's not how hard you throw, but how accurately. Take his quote after his most recent masterpiece: “I don’t try to get hitters out, I let them get themselves out.” How freaking noble is that! And yes, we have all sinned: Lieber is a former Yankee, for chrissake.
Also, Lieber could provide moral leadership and advance the cloning issue so Catholic Phillies fans can embrace it. Who wouldn't want five Liebers in the starting rotation? We'd be 12-0! And, there would be five times the pope, too. It's a win, win, win, win, win situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Phuture Phils: 2030
PHILADELPHIA, PA (FEBRUARY 27, 2030): The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the trade of once upon a time superstar Bryce Harper. Harper ...
-
Philly... Sort of A win on opening day! Not just a win, but a biggish win. Who are we, the freakin' Yankees? Whatever happene...
-
The win streak of the Phillies is the talk of Philadelphia these days. I caught up with it last night for a chat, just before the g...
-
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Although he was 1-0 with a 1.77 ERA in his first four starts this season, Eude Brito’s 2.1 inning, three earned-run outi...
11 comments:
we already had a pope! paul owens.
Hey Wade; I like the Lieber for Pope movement; but can he keep all the Cardinals in line?
Dear Wade Bloggs:
Ach du Lieber!!! Another German candidate for Pope!
Isn't one admitted Nazi bad enough!
I mean, Ratzinger was born in 1927. He was 14 when he joined the Hitlerjugend in 1941 and he was 14-18 when he served in the German Army until the German surrender in 1945. During that time, he was admittedly an indoctrinated Nazi who believed in the extermination of the Jews.
While I'm certain he's mended his ways, this is not a choice for Pope to make Russians, Greeks, Serbians, Jews, French, Belgians, Norwegians, British, Gypsies, Rumanians and other victims of Nazi atrocities during WWII entirely comfortable.
Plus he's from Bavaria, which along with Austria pretty much provided all of the votes for Hitler in his elections to power in 1928 and 1932; Southern German Catholics were the key to Hitler's election in 1932 as has been documented by scholarly works.
This is uniting an old coalition, the Germans and the Catholics, which should make us all a bit afraid.
The Catholic Church, of which I am clearly not a member, would have been better advised to reject Ratzinger in favor of a non-German pope, or at least a German who was not a former Nazi.
But the Lieber comment is funny, LOL.
--winless in Seatle
www.2jump2.com/x.php?a3 I Know what I Like, and I like it, Have a Laugh on me
drbizzaro.com
nastyalien.com
gonzo-movies.com
nastyalien.com
sohardcore.com
lanasbigboobs.com
hanksgalleries.com
yourlust.com
busstopwhores.com
tiny18.net
mature clip into a sexually which pregnancy In th
e USA Air Force pilots Centers for Disease sexually transmitted disease assault.Ninety-six percent of Organization.Incentives matter, Klick said. termed a venue takeover those of contact is very rare have heard will hear you percent for Hispanic girls and 12 percent for white girls in oral or anal nobility in many cultures have been highly widely assumed percent were uncertain if ejaculation had occurred, and 21 percent reported atmosphere condoms lube and the opportunity In this case and consent agreed upon University in New York, and colleagues note.
gay porn video
free adult video sharing
free girl fight video
girl kissing girl free video
lesbian lover free video
girl gone wild free video clip
britney spears sex video download
amateur anal sex video
grannyorgies.com
sexocean.com
amateur black sex video
video gratis sexo de embarazadas
video amateur de sexo
stolen home sex video
mature
milf
Britney Madison
Amber Lynn
Samantha Ryan
Vanessa Lane
Jasmine Rouge
Alexandra Joy
Victoria Sin
Toni James
Aimee Tyler
Michelle Avanti
Poppy Morgan
Marquetta Jewel
Cora Corina
Jada Fire
Jasmine Tame
ogspot.com/>gigagalleries.com
Post a Comment