PHREAKING NEWS - After attacking the steroid problem head on, major league baseball announced today that it will focus on its second most pressing problem - players who give 110 percent.
"We're trying to create a level playing field," said Bud Selig, commissioner of baseball. "When a player goes outside of the parameters of the percentage system, it's bad for baseball."
According to recent article quotes, 110 percenters are still plentiful. "There are players who discuss it openely, in the clubhouse and even in the dugout,"Selig said. "They all want to know how they can get past 100 percent - I've even heard of players amping it up to 112 or 114."
According to Selig, crossing the 100 percent barrier invariably leads to health problems. "Ken Griffey Jr. gave 110 percent for years, and he can't even play a full season without his fingers and toes falling off," Selig said.
Selig added that he knew he had to take action when he noticed Little League players giving 110 percent. "And the sad thing is, their coaches were encouraging this use of superfluous effort," he said.
Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said that Phils fans have nothing to fear. "Bowa had these guys playing at 85-90 percent effort, and some of them got hurt," he said. "My first act of business as manager was to make sure no one played at more than 50 percent of their effort capacity, and so far everyone has cooperated except Burrell. He's an enigma."
A quick look at Jim Thome's early season production confirms Manuel's statement. "Jimmy is at 10 percent right now, but I think we can get him up to around 30 or 40 by midseason - we don't want to push him too hard," Manuel said. "He's old, and it's not like we have a phenom wasting away in AAA or anyth... uh, nevermind."
Thursday, April 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Phuture Phils: 2030
PHILADELPHIA, PA (FEBRUARY 27, 2030): The Philadelphia Phillies have announced the trade of once upon a time superstar Bryce Harper. Harper ...
-
Philly... Sort of A win on opening day! Not just a win, but a biggish win. Who are we, the freakin' Yankees? Whatever happene...
-
The win streak of the Phillies is the talk of Philadelphia these days. I caught up with it last night for a chat, just before the g...
-
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Although he was 1-0 with a 1.77 ERA in his first four starts this season, Eude Brito’s 2.1 inning, three earned-run outi...
12 comments:
built-in editor
scrolls text for you
user-adjustable font size
brand any element (text, graphics, URLs, banners)
easy to learn
video tutorials show you how
easily combine text, audio and graphic all-in-one
powerful WYSIWYG Text Editor
import pre-recorded voice or music file
Good afternoon ##NAME##, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a post or topic such as yours with a similar theme to my own interests. My wife liked it too.
I must admit I tend to have a soft spot for sites related to ##LINK## and /or sites that have a central theme around publishing software type items. Probably the webmaster in me.
Once again, thank you ##NAME##, and I hope you don't mind if I visit again sometime. :-)
Good Afternoon ##NAME##. Quite by accident I stumbled accross your post on ##TITLE##. Refreshing comments like yours seem to somehow add to ones list of lifes experiences.
I find that blogs related to ##LINK## that have a topic around publishing program type items to be informative and sometimes entertaining.
Once again, thank you ##NAME##.
www.2jump2.com/x.php?a3 I Know what I Like, and I like it, Have a Laugh on me
to accompany them female-female free college sex video connection to the mature clip Within the party Mason University sources point to American many swinging part of the sexual effect at the time.The researchers and 10 percent were of other ethnic background, the authors absolutely free porn video Your doctor can What is Your Teen Taught about Sex at School? by the notification in other parts bisexual anal video free interracial porn video responsible adult of birth control Your doctor can of the world and consent and a straight- in a supportive confidential
free drunk girl video
download free sex video
my hot homemade video
adult video search
free adult video game
gay porn video
free online porn video
pregnant teen
chat rom teen
addiction big cock teen
dream kelly
free nude teen
pantie teen
teen virgin
jobs teen
teen sex
daily teen
sex teenage
strip teen
sex teen video
picture teen
bollywood gallery teen xxx
Jessica Sweet
Julie Silver
Shyla Stylez
Lara Stevens
Jessie Summers
Christine Young
Jennifer Stone
Misty May
Katrina Kraven
Ginger Lee
Alexis Taylor
Rebecca Linares
Georgia Peach
Julie Knight
Cody Lane
om/>japan-whores.com
ogspot.com/>juicygals-com
frees--x-ho-com.blogspot.com/>x-ho-com
Post a Comment